Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish and is now hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. Check out upcoming Top Ten themes on Jana’s blog and go here to see what others have on their Top Ten Tuesday lists!
Today I’m talking about series that I’d like to start, catch up on, or finish!
Series I’d like to start – I’ve read none of the books in these series.
- The Ruth Galloway series by Elly Griffiths – I’ve got three of them sitting on my shelf, just waiting for me to pick them up.
- The Vintage Cookbook Mystery series by Ellen Byron – I love her books! Gotta read these.
Series I’d like to catch up on – I’ve read some of these (not necessarily from the beginning).
- The Auntie Poldi series by Mario Giordano – Auntie Poldi is a treat! I love these because Poldi is a mature heroine and she doesn’t take herself too seriously.
- The Fixer Upper series by Kate Carlisle – I love Shannon Hammer! Kate Carlisle writes with such humor and cleverness, these are a joy to read. I’ve got to read them all.
- The Haunted Bookshop series by Cleo Coyle – Jack Shepard is my favorite ghostly PI. He helps modern-day bookstore owner Penelope solve crimes, and it is a treat.
- The Mottley & Baker series by Ellen Seltz – I’ve read the first, and it is simply delightful! I’ll get a review up before too long. I say I’d like to catch up on this series. Right now there are two books in the series, and I sure hope there will be more. So I’m “catching up,” not “finishing”!
- The Detective Josie Quinn series by Lisa Regan – I jumped into the middle of this series for a blog tour with Bookouture, and I’ve read every one since the point where I started. I’ve reviewed several of them here on the blog. They are fantastic suspense/thriller reads, and I need to start from the beginning and read them all. I’ll keep reading as long as she keeps writing!
- The Craft Sequence series by Max Gladstone – I read the first three on the Libby app. I need to get back to it. It’s a fascinating universe he’s built.
Series I’d like to finish – I started these at some point but life got in the way, and it’s been ages since I read any of them.
- The Brother Cadfael series by Ellis Peters – I started these ages ago. I say I’d like to finish, but I think at this point it would be starting again. I found most of the series at a thrift store, so I could just jump in!
- The Invisible Library series by Genevieve Cogman – Time traveling/dimension-hopping Librarian “liberating” books to keep worlds safe and maintain balance between the fae forces of chaos and dragon forces of order? Yes please! There are eight books in the series. Somehow I got hung up at five. I must remedy that.
BONUS: Series I’d love to finish but the author will never get to the end – series I despair of ever seeing the final book(s) on the shelves.
- The Exiles trilogy by Melanie Rawn – It’s been twenty-five years since book two of the trilogy, The Mageborn Traitor. She’s written other books since then. Safe to say that we will never see The Captal’s Tower, the planned third book, in print. I know she cited a bout with clinical depression as the reason why it wasn’t written shortly after the first two books, and that’s understandable. But she said she was working on it in 2014. That was eight years ago. I’m not holding my breath.
- A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin – Y’all know why we won’t ever see the book ending of this one. HBO ruined it for us all. (Never seen the show, never will.)
What series would you like to start, catch up on, or finish? Shout it out in the comments!