Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish and is now hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. Check out upcoming Top Ten themes on Jana’s blog and go here to see what others have on their Top Ten Tuesday lists!
Today we’re talking about reasons why we’re thankful for books!
- Books let me visit all kinds of places without ever packing a bag!
- Books challenge my thinking.
- Books expand my vocabulary.
- Books are like a Tardis – they can take me anywhere in time AND space.
- Bookish friends – bloggers, authors, fellow readers, librarians, anyone in publishing – are the best!
- Books on shelves make my house feel cozy.
- With a book in my hand, I am never bored.
- Curling up on the couch with a book and a cat is a great way to spend an afternoon.
- I’ve been able to pass my love of reading on to one of my kids. (The other is resistant. He does read manga, though, so he’s not a complete non-reader.)
- I will never run out of gift suggestions as long as my TBR remains.
What are your reasons for loving books? Feel free to share in a comment!